Woohoo! It’s another fine Thrift Score Thursday (and Saint Patrick’s Day!) and I have a few changes to share with you today…
My dear friend and co-host Trisha from Black and White Obsession is leaving Thrift Score Thursday. This gal helped kick off the very first Thrift Score Thursday over two years ago and has been a wonderful host for over one hundred weeks of thrifty awesomeness… The other hosts and I are so sad to see her go, but I know you guys will join me in wishing Trisha all the best in whatever new adventures she has coming up the road!
Introducing… Our New Co-Host Maggie!
Today, it’s my pleasure to announce a new Thrift Score Thursday co-host to you all, someone you will likely recognize from the #thriftscorethursday feed, past features and guest host spots, and from her wonderful blog Maggie Overby Studios… Please join me in welcoming Maggie!
We’re psyched to have this talented, thrift-loving soul-sister joining us! If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll take a moment to follow her blog and Instagram account and say hi!
Fresh from the #thriftscorethursday Instagram feed – you guys always hit it out of the park!
Let’s start with this warm and peaceful shot from Alice (@thoughtsfromalice) – a beautiful vignette she’s put together on top of her vintage record player cabinet. This mother and child statue, handed down from her family, is so unique – I’ll be paying special attention to pieces like this in the future, because I’ll admit I would probably have walked by without a second look before seeing it in Alice’s home!
I’m completely taken with this pair of vintage lights Sarah-Marie (@silver.and.pine) found! I love those crackled amber/orange shades. They remind me of lanterns, with kind of a vaguely Asian feel, don’t you agree?
Now how incredible is this brass lamp from @f.waynecollection? I don’t normally use the word “rad”, but it just seems called for right here… I absolutely love vintage statement lighting!
Surprise! More brass! (Wait, were you not surprised?) Sarah (@thistleblooms) found this pretty brass coat rack for only $5 and it looks fabulous with the rest of her entryway decor – mmm, that vintage dresser!
Finally, I decided that I just couldn’t let my girl Trisha leave us without a little tribute… So I decided to highlight my four favorite thrift scores she’s shared with us over the last 100 weeks!
- That time she texted me a picture of a whole set of gorgeous copper pots and pans with brass (brass!) handles at the thrift store and I convinced her to go running back for them!
- That time she shared this shot of her vintage green glassware collection, scored at an end-of-season estate sale.
- That time she posted this crazy and wicked awesome retro zig-zag lamp that had me dying to be cool enough to use something like that in my decor!
- That time she totally rocked Thrift Scare Thursday (our special Halloween edition, circa 2014) with this Orange Is the New Black costume she put together at the thrift store!
Good times! Looking forward to following along with all her future thrift finds – maybe there’ll be another Halloween costume? 😉
Would you love to see your own thrifty finds featured here or on one of my co-host’s blogs?
Simply post a picture of any recent thrifty find on Instagram using #thriftscorethursday!
- You can share any thrifty finds with us – whether they hail from a thrift store, Craigslist, estate sale, garage sale, side of the road, or apartment dumpster! The fun, the funny, the awesome, the odd – this hashtag party is open to all!
- Feel free to use #thriftscorethursday any day of the week! We’ll be keeping up with the hashtag all week long to find our favorites for the following Thursday.
- Each week, Cassie from Primitive and Proper, Corinna from A Designer At Home, Maggie from Maggie Overby Studios and I will pick a few favorite thrift scores to feature! So please understand that by linking up with #thriftscorethursday, you are giving us permission to share your finds via social media or on our blogs.
- Please note that we can only see photos shared by public accounts, so if you have a private Instagram account and we haven’t been showering your finds with love, it’s simply because we aren’t able to see them.
Be sure to check out the finds and features from Cassie, Corinna & Maggie!
P.S. Are you an avid blogger + Instagrammer who also loves thrifty finds? We’d love to have you join us for a week of Thrift Score Thursday! If you’re interested, you can apply right here!