Hey guys! I think you’re really going to get a kick out of today’s post. My friend Cassie from Primitive and Proper invited me to join in a fun blog hop she and Bliss Ranch dreamed up – sort of a tell-all interview with the spouses of 18 DIY bloggers!
So today I’m happy to let you hear a little from “The Boy Behind The Blog” as I sometimes affectionately refer to my husband Bryan. I may be the resident-DIYer and power-tool-wielder, but I totally depend on his encouragement, advice and general even-keeled-ness (as contrasted with my slightly manic approach to life).
We have fun together.
Twenty Questions Time!
1. What is your favorite project Brynne has done, and why?
A song lyric collage she made from the song “The Weight” by Thrice. It was playing as we walked down the aisle.
2. What is your least favorite, and why?
Probably the popcorn ceilings. The finished product is great, but living in the house was gross and dusty in the months surrounding it.
3. What is the one creative item or tool that Brynne cannot live without?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve about Brynne in the real world or the project and decorating realm?
She’s a hoarder and a couch floozy and every time I get settled in on a couch she sells it and gets a new one and I have to do lots of couch-carrying.
5. If you could take Brynne on a vacation anywhere, where would she want to go?
New Zealand. Because she likes The Lord of the Rings and pretty places and she doesn’t like any of the cold rainy places where I would want to go.
6. Brynne finds $100. What does she do with it?
Takes forever to spend it. Every dollar of that one hundred dollar amalgam is precious to her. She would never spend it all in one place. The only way Brynne would spend $100 in one sitting is if there was a couch involved.
7. What is YOUR favorite room in your house and why?
My office. My stuff is there and it’s dark.
8. Creativity is messy, but for the most part blogs show the pretty picture. Can you tell us how Brynne is a secret slob?
She’s a total slob. Her side of the bed is lined with dozens of glasses and coffee mugs and possibly new life forms.
9. Name a project or decorating adventure that you thought would be a flop but was fabulous?
An orange chair she bought when we first got married. I didn’t know she could take a large chair-shaped thing of ugly stinky crap and make it nice looking. But since then I’ve had faith in her that whatever she puts her hand to will turn out fabulous.
10. Blogging takes a lot of time. Do you ever pass by Brynne while she is on the computer and secretly feel neglected?
No. I’m pretty good in isolation myself. When she needs to work hard I’m fine at keeping to myself and then at the end of the day we relax together.
11. Before, during, and after photos are an important part of blogging. Do you remember to do that while working on projects for Brynne?
I don’t understand the question. I’m not allowed to touch the camera or the power tools or the project in question… I hold ladders and sometimes saw through things. I also go to the store for Brynne. That is the extent of my involvement in the creative process.
12. How often do you read Brynne’s blog and do you have a favorite post?
Once a week maybe. I don’t really have a favorite post.
13. Before changing a piece of furniture, hanging new curtains, or planning a whole room redo, does Brynne consult you or do you come home and it’s done?
If by “consult” you mean “tell me what she’s going to do” then yes. Sometimes she’ll “ask for my opinion” which is her way of thinking out loud. I’m okay with this.
14. Does Brynne discuss her blog with you, stories from other blogs or friendships with other bloggers?
Yes. Although I find it funny that when she’s talking about her blogging friends she says “so-and-so, my blogging friend” because most of her friends are blogging friends.
15. Where do you think Brynne gets most of her creative inspiration: TV, magazines, online, you, or was she just born that way?
She gets inspiration from lots of places. While I consider myself decoratingly-challenged occasionally I have a decent idea that she runs with. Most of the time she sees something and says “I can make that for way cheaper.”
16. Do you know what Pantone’s color of the year is and how do you feel about so-called “girly” colors for your walls?
I know some of these words. Pantone – that’s the shampoo company right? I reject the notion that colors have gender. Gender-equality for the light spectrum!
17. If you could change one room or area of your home with no decorating advice from Brynne, what area would you choose and why?
I would put wood floors everywhere. You don’t need to be a decorator to know that wood floors look nice.
Brynne’s note: I would put wood floors everywhere too, if we could afford it right now. So at least we’re in agreement 🙂
18. Are you ever worried Brynne will share too much personal information or that blogging might invade your private life?
No, I’m not worried.
19. Have you ever helped Brynne style photos for her blog or offer input on how you think a vignette should look?
Nope. I’m really bad at photographic composition.
20. There is a saying, “If walls could talk…” What would yours say about the decorating in your bedroom?
They would be jealous of the walls in the other rooms that are constantly being revitalized and transformed. The bedroom is the least-altered room in the house. And there you have it.
Back to Brynne…
Wasn’t that fun? It’s always weird seeing his “voice” in writing and how different it is from mine! Did his cheeky sense of humor shine through in print?
I can’t wait to visit all the other blogs participating and get the inside scoop! Here’s the list so you can hop along with me:
Design Post Interiors // Bliss at Home // View Along the Way // Fox Hollow Cottage //
Top This Top That // The Space Between // For My Love of // The Chronicles of Home