Raise your hand if you can believe that it’s already July…
Anyone? No one?
I know I certainly can’t! Where did the first half of 2014 go?!
1) An exciting new look for The Gathered Home – A gorgeous new logo from the oh-so-talented Bonnie of Archer & Olive sparked a little blog design overhaul and new business cards just in time for Haven!
2) Knock Out Knock Offs: Zara Home Napkin Rings – For round 2 of Knock Out Knock Offs, a fun summer blogging series I’m participating in with several friends, our store of choice was Zara Home. I made these fun tropical leaf napkin rings – did you catch the tutorial?
3 & 4) BLACK + DECKER AutoSense giveaway & Rustic Wood Office Shelves – My dad and I reviewed the fun, smart new AutoSense drill/driver and finally hung the rustic wood shelves Bryan and I have schlepped through three moves and four places of residence!
5 & 6) Brynne’s List & Danish Teak Dining Set – I unveiled my newest venture – Brynne’s List – your chance to sign up for an exclusive subscriber-only 72-hour first look and first chance at my vintage finds before they become available to the general public! I also shared a gorgeous Danish teak dining set and my favorite product for cleaning up vintage teak.
7) The Kitchen “Before” and Plans – Want to see some truly awful before shots of my very-much-in-need-of-love kitchen? I promise to make up for it with a pretty moodboard sharing my “Modern Glam” kitchen inspiration.
8) Thrift Score Thursday – We continued the #thriftscorethursday fun on Twitter and Instagram, and these brass gingko leaf bookends were definitely my favorite thrift score of the month. Do you love #thriftscorethursday too? Would you like to guest host a week of #thriftscorethursday? Send me a message – I’m looking forward to opening our beloved TST to guest hosts soon!
9) DIY Copper Pipe Candelabra – For my first Remodelaholic contributor post, I built a candelabra out of copper pipe and fittings (you guys know I LOVE me some plumbing pipe!) and shared a full and detailed tutorial – I’d love for you to check it out!
Brynne’s List subscribers just got boatloads of Eames side chairs delivered to their inbox Friday night – I can’t decide whether I love the bold royal blue or more sophisticated gray better! Check out the Found: Vintage Shop if you are interested in more information.
I have started removing the brown paper from our kitchen walls and it. is. a. pain. Not as bad as popcorn ceiling removal by a long shot, but it’s no walk in the park picking daisies. I’d say I’m about 40% done at the moment with at least 9 hours sunk into it so far. And Bones episodes on Netflix coming out my ears.
What’s Coming Up for July…
If I haven’t mentioned it enough, I’ll be attending the Haven blogging conference coming up in just a little over a week! I’m still a little nervous about the whole thing, but I’m absolutely looking forward to the sessions and looking forward even more to meeting so many of my wonderful blogger friends! You can check out many of their blogs over in the Kindred Spirits list on my sidebar.
More kitchen work. More wall-paper removal (paper that is glued on a wall, as opposed to “wallpaper” – you read me?). Hopefully some of the other steps outlined in my kitchen plans!
More Brynne’s List finds! Including one of my best scores ever… Sorry to keep you in suspense if you saw the Instagram sneak peek and are anxiously awaiting further revelations of tufted leather goodness, but I need to do a little fixing up before it’s ready for its internet close up! Brynne’s List subscribers: keep an eye on your inbox 😉