Come for the cookies, stay for the legalese!
The Gathered Home believes very strongly in keeping your personal information confidential. The following policy describes what information we collect and how it is used and shared.
The Gathered Home collects as little information as possible from users looking to post comments and messages in the forum. We will typically collect a name (either real or alias), personal website (if applicable), and e-mail address.
Cookies / IP Address tracking
With Whom Information is Shared
None of your information will be shared with third parties. The Gathered Home may use your e-mail address in the future to contact you regarding the site, however, an opt-out will always be provided. Your name and website may be displayed on the site if you post a comment or a message in the forum. However, your e-mail address and privacy will always be kept secure.
Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact AdThrive at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences icon. (Available in the EU.)
The Gathered Home uses Google Analytics to collect data about blog traffic. Google Analytics gives me insight into how readers are using my blog by way of a tracking cookie. You may opt out of the Google Analytics tracking cookie with this browser add-on or by visiting the NAI’S Consumer Opt-Out.
- This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact Brynne (email@example.com).
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
- The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner of this blog receives compensation for certain posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- The Gathered Home is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- All the information on this website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. The Gathered Home does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website is strictly at your own risk. The Gathered Home will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.
- From our website, you can visit other websites by following hyperlinks to such external sites. While we strive to provide only quality links to useful and ethical websites, we have no control over the content and nature of these sites. These links to other websites do not imply a recommendation for all the content found on these sites. Site owners and content may change without notice and may occur before we have the opportunity to remove a link which may have gone ‘bad’.
- Please be also aware that when you leave our website, other sites may have different privacy policies and terms which are beyond our control. Please be sure to check the Privacy Policies of these sites as well as their “Terms of Service” before engaging in any business or uploading any information.
- By using our website, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to its terms.
- The Gathered Home is my personal blog that contains my personal writings, musings, meanderings and opinions, which are not intended to defame, offend, humiliate or injure anyone.
- If you, the reader, come across any content you think is harmful or offensive, please contact me so I can do my best to fix the situation!
- I love you guys, I love sharing stuff with you guys, and I love providing tutorials and ideas! My intent is to “do no harm”. The tutorials I share work for me, however I can’t be held liable for any damages or injuries you incur by following them. (Safety first! Wear safety glasses, read instructions and labels, etc.)
- DIY at your own risk.
- The Gathered Home is not responsible or liable for any comments that are left by readers – those comments are the property of their respective owners. I do reserve the right to delete any offensive comments or spam comments.
- Any photos used on this blog not credited to an external source belong to The Gathered Home and are copyright protected.
- However, you are free (and encouraged!) to pin or share images as long as proper attribution is given.
- If you would like to share images on your site, I ask that you use no more than two, and link back to the original blog post here on The Gathered Home. If you leave me a message letting me know that you have shared them, I’d love to stop by and leave some comment love!
- You may not copy all or part of a post to be used elsewhere or published without my permission.