I have a confession to make.
I haven’t decorated my house for fall. At all.
The truth is, everything is still so topsy-turvy here that there isn’t even a good clean surface to decorate. I am determined to do something about that soon, but we’ll see how that goes… For now, I’m just daydreaming about my perfect fall décor – minimal, modern, and soothing – and decided to put together a little Gathered Home Fall Inspiration mood board. These are some of the things I’d love to use in my perfect fall vignette:
1. I love this little Instagram snapshot I took. It is so peaceful and relaxing, I just feel waves of stress dissipating when I look at it. I titled it: “Trees just grow.” No matter what, they just grow. It’s a calming thought to me. I’d love to print this out and frame in a thin gold frame with a thick white mat. If you’d like to do the same, feel free! Here is the full size version.
2. These candlesticks (sadly, no longer available) are fabulous, and just under $20 for the set of 3! we all know how I feel about brass, and I just love the shape of these! (Thanks to Michael at Inspired By Charm for featuring these.)
3. These little wooden Threshold foxes from Target are so adorable! Their faces melt my heart into sticky heart-goo (there must be medical terminology for this… ask your doctor).
4. I am obsessed with these DIY plaster gourds and fall leaves from Teal & Lime. The matte white color fits in perfectly with my clean & modern fall theme. I may very well be attempting these in real life soon!
5. Lastly, burlap. A familiar, ubiquitous crafting staple. At first, I used a traditional neutral tan burlap in my inspiration board. It felt a little expected. Bland. Safe. Then I found this variegated silver/graphite version, and fell in love. It still has the textural appeal of burlap and the connotations of fall and harvest, but the darker color feels more modern. I would love to make a table runner out of this – frayed edges and all!
Well there you have it! Five things I’d love to group together in a vignette, likely on top of my heirloom teak bar.
What do you think? This is my first “inspiration” post in a while. Would you like to see more of these?
If you print out and use my tree photo, I’d love to hear about it! Please do comment or send me a photo!