As I was scrolling through the post after publishing it and saw all the beautiful colors flash by, I was struck by how perfectly they fit into my blog’s color scheme. They were ALL my favorite colors, and you already know how I feel about the style…
I had a wild idea and sent Bonnie an email asking if she would consider designing a new logo for The Gathered Home, and to my delight she said yes! We chatted a little bit about my design preferences, like keeping the blog title in yellow, and the style of the capital letter “G”, and then shortly thereafter, she blew me away with the finished product…
I mean – can you even?! Isn’t that absolutely perfect? I am beyond thrilled with the way it turned out! Bonnie shared a few process photos on her blog here – love them!
If you are reading this here on The Gathered Home (and if not, you should definitely consider clicking over for this!) you may have noticed a few design changes around here. You see, it’s that decorating snowball effect at work – bring in one shiny new design decision, and everything else needs to be updated to compliment its fabulousness.
So this last week, I’ve been working feverishly behind the scenes to get this new update ready (can I be pretention and call it The Gathered Home 2.0?), tinkering with HTML and CSS and any other multi-letter initialisms related to blog design.
If all you notice is the gorgeous new header up top, then I’ve done my job and the new design quietly supports the real star of the show! I would however, like to point out two new social media icons in my sidebar (Google+ and Instagram – let’s be friends!) and a Kindred Spirits blog roll featuring some of the wonderful blogs I keep in my blog reader.
So I’m not particularly great at this “monthly” recap thing. It seems like lately all I’ve been able to manage is bi-monthly. But that can totally be our thing, right? In case you missed anything, here’s what happened here in the months of April & May (clockwise from top left):
1. A Small Announcement: an epic April Fool’s blog prank in which Buffy the Vampire Slayer took over my blog for 24 hours. The most fun I’ve had all year!
5. A Rookie’s Guide to the HomeRight Finish Max Sprayer. HomeRight also gave you guys a chance to win one of these – I so enjoyed reading everyone’s painting project plans!
8. Featured on Remodelaholic: I was so excited to share my copper pipe icosahedron pendant light on Remodelaholic and even more excited when they asked me to become a regular contributor! I’ll be sharing some fantastic DIY projects over there bi-monthly, and I can’t wait to share the first one with you in June!
9. Knock Out Knock Offs: West Elm Metallic Pillow Covers. My most popular recent post! I’m happy to report that the gold leafed fabric is still going strong, no flaking or transfer to clothing!
12. Found: Mid-Century Modern Wood Case Sofa. Emily Henderson just purchased a very similar sofa, so I feel pretty stinking good about this score. Life = validated.
What’s in store for June? Another fantastic round of Knock Out Knock Offs, my first Remodelaholic contributor post, hopefully more vintage furniture finds, and as for DIY, well… I definitely have my sights set on the kitchen! Stay tuned!